A Wide Array of Features for Real-world Needs
VIVOTEK VAST 2 is an easy to use IP video management software (VMS) designed for medium-scale deployments. With its exciting advancements and wide array of features, users will enjoy a breathtaking-new experience and manage their security system easier than ever before.
Intuitive UI Design
Direct intuitive custom layout adjustment and fisheye ROI control for better security management experience.
Easy configuration through a fully automated process. Saves user’s time and cost to install surveillance devices.
Problem Feedback Mechanism
Quick detect system problem and feedback to VIVOTEK’s FAE system via automatic popup or manual operation.
Multi-Monitor & Tabs
Manage unlimited tasks with multiple screens for intuitive and easy surveillance.
|Screen 1||Screen 2|
Efficiently search suspicious video and specific events with thumbnail view and smart search.
|Thumbnail Search||Smart Search|
Manually extend the retention time for video recordings and manage a high number of investigation scenarios.
2.5D Visualization eMap
Multiple layers and camera’s FOV views allow users instantly to pinpoint a selected camera located on the map.
Easily export multiple video recordings with custom layouts in a specific time period or instant snapshot with a fast click.
Automatically backs up the recording video clip to another network storage device.
Data Magnet offers the capability to integrate third-party data source into VAST 2, which provides quick access to data along with video. This supports simultaneous display with live event monitoring. All events will be stored for later searches.
All New Matrix
New Matrix provides a video wall feature to view cameras streaming from a VAST 2 server. Users can manage the matrix client(s) directly through the VAST 2 server.
Cybersecurity Management Solution
Integrate cybersecurity attack events from VIVOTEK cameras and NVR to VAST 2 alarm management. In addition to alarm action and notification, VAST 2 becomes the central management site to recognize attack trends and status, as well as acquire attack information.
Smart Search II
Allow users to search for objects or people related videos according to the VCA (Video Content Analysis) metadata from camera videos. Users can quickly sort through large amounts of evidence to find precisely what is needed.
VIVOTEK’s VAST 2 is an easy to use IP video management software (VMS). To meet users’ real-world needs, it comes with exciting advancements such as easy operation on single or multiple monitors, custom layout to fit both in corridor and panorama format, rapid export of multi-channel video and acquiring VCA analytics with integrated cameras.
VAST 2 supports smart search and thumbnail search for advanced video search applications. Smart search provides users to easily set critical areas with a custom zone setting. Thumbnail search produces the snapshot preview to reduce the chance of selecting the wrong image. Both ways allow for smarter and quicker searches of specific events. To efficiently solve users’ problems and system bugs, VAST 2 provides an automatic problem feedback mechanism to directly connect to VIVOTEK’s FAE system. Any feedback will be handled instantly.
Utilizing automatic configuration wizards, VAST 2 can significantly reduce the time and cost of installing multiple camera surveillance systems. With more advanced setup features such as logical tree, camera configuration, archive management and recording schedule backup solutions, VAST 2 provides easy and intuitive UI with rich functionality to meet the needs of any customer. For efficient video management, VAST 2 also provides multi-layered, interactive 2.5D maps, and sophisticated alarm management. Furthermore, VAST 2’s add-on solutions include failover protection, a transportation solution with GPS coordinates, transaction solutions with POS integration and integration solutions. All of these features combine to make VAST 2 the perfect VMS for use in retail, banking, transportation, and industrial applications.
What’s New in VAST 2 (V2.5)
- Smart Search II
- Smart VCA Integration with VIVOTEK Cameras
- Cybersecurity Management Solution
- Event Search: General, Smart VCA and Trend Micro IoT Security Events
- Automatically Lock Video Clips when Alarm Triggered
- View Cell with Embedded E-Map
- Alarm List Enhancement: Thumbnail View, Status and Comment.
- Alarm Management with Smart VCA, Trend Micro IoT Security Events Integration and TCP Message Filter
- Manually Export Alarm Clips
- Standalone Player Improvement
- Multiple Monitor Support with Tabbed Windows
- Supports Windows Active Directory
- Automatic Problem Feedback Mechanism
- Add-on Solutions: Failover, Transportation, Transaction and Data Magnet
- Auto Streaming Size for Clients, Saving Decoding and Streaming Bandwidth
- Multiple Fisheye Dewarp Modes
- Customizable Layouts
- Video Event Bookmarks with Evidence Lock
- Log/Alarm Search and Export
- New Matrix for Video Wall Solution
- System Overview Dashboard
- MAC Client Support
- Enhanced User Management
- Customized Viewing Information
- Instant System Status Display
* VAST 2 provides two installation versions, including Free Standard Version (32-CH, support VIVOTEK Cameras) and Trial Version (256-CH, support VIVOTEK & ONVIF Cameras).
* The Trial Version will become to the Free Version after 60 days. Users can purchase the license to remove the limitation.
[ Upgrade Statement ]
* Only VAST v.188.8.131.521 and later versions are supported for this upgrade. Because the features in VAST and VAST 2 are quite different, only Recordings & Camera List will be kept after upgrading to VAST 2. Once upgraded to VAST 2, users will also need to reset alarm settings, user permissions, recording schedules, etc.
* The installing/upgrading in embedded system is not a recommendation. Due to the current version isn’t optimized for embedded system usage, there might be some issues occurred when users install/upgrade VAST 2 in embedded system (e.g. NR-series)
VAST 2 Windows (64-bit)
(Disable VCA Report Feature)
Included VAST2 and Matrix installer (64-bit)
VAST 2 Windows (32-bit)
(Disable VCA Report Feature)
VAST 2 MAC
|User’s Manual||Datasheet (EN)|
• VAST 2 Server
|Server (Recording Channels)||Up to 64-CH||Up to 128-CH||Up to 256-CH|
|CPU||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i3 Processors or above||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i5 Processors or above|
|RAM||4GB or above||8GB or above||8GB or above|
|Hard Drive (Enterprise Model Only) Suggestion||1 Volume Group*||2 Volume Group*||4 Volume Group*|
|Recording Throughput||1 Volume Group: 200 Mbps (Max.)**|
|Network Interface Card||1000/100/10 Ethernet***|
* Volume group depends on total recording server throughput.
** Maximum number bitrate of cameras not to go over total recording throughput.
*** Please consider the throughput of viewing, recording and server’s network.
• VAST 2 LiveView & Playback
|Client (Display Channels)||H.264, 720P, 2Mbps for Each Channel*||8-CH||16-CH||32-CH|
|H.264, 1080P, 4Mbps for Each Channel**||6-CH||10-CH||18-CH|
|H.265, 1080P, 4Mbps for Each Channel||3-CH||5-CH||9-CH|
|CPU||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i3 Processors||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i5 Processors||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i7 Processors|
|RAM***||4GB or above||4GB or above||4GB or above|
|Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)****||Support Direct3D Acceleration with 1GB Video RAM|
|Network Interface Card||1000/100/10 Ethernet|
** Display requirements of a 5MP fisheye camera is equal to a 1080P camera.
If installing Server & Client in the same PC, overall loading of the PC will be evaluated.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.