VIVOTEK’s VAST is an intuitive professional video/central management software designed for managing all VIVOTEK IP surveillance products. It integrates next generation H.265 video codec and supports hundreds of cameras and stations in a hierarchical system structure for monitoring, recording, playback and event trigger management with effortless control. Furthermore, VAST offers the video wall solution, VAST Matrix, for hundreds of live view camera monitoring.
VAST expertly integrates with VIVOTEK’s network cameras to provide the most expansive solutions and applications in video surveillance. Seamless recording with cameras for uninterrupted video recording, Panoramic PTZ for 360° seamless surveillance and VCA metadata Integration like Line Crossing Detection, Loitering Detection, Field Detection and People Counting Reports are among the highlights of this integration. At the system level, VAST supports failover redundancy to avoid single points of failure and ensures maximum system up time. It also supports setup of the VAST server on a virtual machine by using one powerful physical server running multiple VASTs on it. VAST performs remote management with the full range of the server & client structures and constitutes a robust system for various applications, such as Retail, Residential and Industrial.
New Features in Version 1.13
- Failover Redundancy
- Virtual Machine Supported
- RTSP Streaming Recording
- Joystick Enhancement
- ONVIF Event Support in Alarm Management
- 128-channel Live Video Monitoring with Dual Monitors
- 16-channel Synchronous Playback
- Video Wall Solution “VAST Matrix” for Unlimited Live Views
- Auto Stream Size for Reducing Display Loading (Live-Client/Matrix)
- Instant Replay & Playback on Live Client
- Intelligent Alarm Management and Acknowledgement
- Overall Device Management through Intuitive E-map Feature
- Multiple Fisheye Dewarp Support
- Web Access via Internet Explorer
- Logical Tree Management
- Windows Active Directory Integration
- VIVOTEK Exclusive Feature: Panoramic PTZ, Seamless Recording and VCA Counting Solution
- Failover Solution
- Virtual Machine Solution
- VIVOTEK Network Cameras: 7000 & 8000 & 9000 Series (MD7560X excluded)
- VIVOTEK NVR: NR & ND Series
- VIVOTEK Software: ST7501, VAST
- VIVOTEK Switch: VivoCam PoE Switch (AW-GEV Series)
• VAST 2 Server
|Server (Recording Channels)||Up to 64-CH||Up to 128-CH||Up to 256-CH|
|CPU||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i3 Processors or above||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i5 Processors or above|
|RAM||4GB or above||8GB or above||8GB or above|
|Hard Drive (Enterprise Model Only) Suggestion||1 Volume Group*||2 Volume Group*||4 Volume Group*|
|Recording Throughput||1 Volume Group: 200 Mbps (Max.)**|
|Network Interface Card||1000/100/10 Ethernet***|
* Volume group depends on total recording server throughput.
** Maximum number bitrate of cameras not to go over total recording throughput.
*** Please consider the throughput of viewing, recording and server’s network.
• VAST 2 LiveView & Playback
|Client (Display Channels)||H.264, 720P, 2Mbps for Each Channel*||8-CH||16-CH||32-CH|
|H.264, 1080P, 4Mbps for Each Channel**||6-CH||10-CH||18-CH|
|H.265, 1080P, 4Mbps for Each Channel||3-CH||5-CH||9-CH|
|CPU||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i3 Processors||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i5 Processors||4th Generation Intel ® Core™ i7 Processors|
|RAM***||4GB or above||4GB or above||4GB or above|
|Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)****||Support Direct3D Acceleration with 1GB Video RAM|
|Network Interface Card||1000/100/10 Ethernet|
** Display requirements of a 5MP fisheye camera is equal to a 1080P camera.
If installing Server & Client in the same PC, overall loading of the PC will be evaluated.
Counting Solution – Overview
VAST VCA reporting integrates VIVOTEK’s 2D & 3D counting cameras to provide visual reports, including tables and charts. These metrics are ideal for retail and other applications that require intelligent customer and operational insight without the constraints on business and infrastructure support.
Counting Solution – Structure
VAST counting reports provide the area concept to integrate the counting cameras.
Since there are different retail environments, users can select different setup methods.
• Single-Entry: Single counting camera for one area in a Small Shop or Chain of Stores.
• Multi-Entry:Multiple counting cameras for one area in a Shopping Mall or Department Store.
Counting Report – Export Format
VIVOTEK Counting Report provides chart reporting that can be queried by bar, line and pie charts. The results can be directly exported into Snapshot & Microsoft Excel.
Counting Report – Scope Interval
• By Area: Different area report is shown in the same date/time.
• By Date: Different date/time report is shown for only one area.
Counting Report – Export
• Manual Export: Provide the local server and it will export the real-time browse report.
• Schedule Export: Provide the local server & email, it will export the daily report every day at a scheduled time.
Exclusive Feature: Seamless Counting
VIVOTEK VMS Solution Update
ST7501 vs. VAST
** VAST integrates third-party IP devices through ONVIF. For third-party devices, VAST supports only stream, simple PTZ control, and ONVIF device discovery functions.
VAST License Support
• New version supports hardware and software license at the same time, so users can still keep the hardware dongle for future versions.
VAST License Protection Mechanisms
Hardware License vs. Software License
VAST License Export & Import
1. Hierarchical Structure: Supports batch export & import licenses to save on operation time.
2. Single Structure: Supports export & import of single license.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.